[TW: racism, abuse, sexual abuse]J. Marion Sims is called “the Father of Gynecology” due to his experiments on enslaved women in Alabama who were often submitted as guinea pigs by their plantation owners who could not use them for sexual pleasure.
He kept seven women as subjects for four years, but left a trail of death and permanently traumatized black women.
Anarcha was one of the women Sims experimented upon. A detailed history of this monster is in Harriet Washington’s book, Medical Apartheid.
Sims believed that Africans were numb to pain and operated on the women without anesthesia or antiseptic. The procedures usually happened this way.
Black female slaves who were guinea pigs would hold one subject down as Sims performed hysterectomies, tubal ligation, and other procedures to examine various female disorders.
Sims also performed a host of operations on other slave populations. The following excerpt details his “practice” on enslaved infants.
Sims began to exercise his freedom to experiment on his captives. He took custody of slave infants and, with a shoemaker’s awl, tried to pry the bones of their skulls into proper alignment.
You guys should really google him.
(if you click the link, I did it for you)
fucking hell I just nearly got sick.
tumblrs tuaght me so much
I had NO IDEA how SO MANY THINGS we have in modern days was LITERALLY made at the expense of black women. The fact that they skip over this in things like biology classes and stuff like that is disgusting.
This is just
Posted on Tuesday, 5 June
Reblogged from: lipsredasroses
Posted by: thespunkywallflower
- authentic-jcb reblogged this from authentic-jcb
- bigalmajor likes this
- lovelyamazing1016 likes this
- 1nahmil likes this
- whatwouldconfucioussay reblogged this from sucolorfavorito and added:
- creepystaring reblogged this from newwavefeminism
- hairypitsandtits likes this
- me0606 reblogged this from injenuous and added:
- junrdagreat reblogged this from anisarashad
- kresh962 reblogged this from blasianovr9000
- ckrys reblogged this from knowledgeappliedispower
- rhymeswithshmarcy likes this
- blooming-white-tea reblogged this from faysbook
- currentlygoingnaturally reblogged this from naturalneiicey
- luvnmuzik215 likes this
- cavallionice reblogged this from entatsu
- mrs-jesus likes this
- blissmanifesto said: Oh this really made me want to weep. Oh gracious I don’t even have words.
- flowersofevil88 reblogged this from knitandstuff
- anonamor likes this
- junograms reblogged this from knitandstuff
- knitandstuff reblogged this from faysbook
- faysbook reblogged this from bad-dominicana
- the-lannister-lion reblogged this from ifuckalotofboys
- randompersonofdoom reblogged this from yeahwellyourface
- patronamis reblogged this from karmaachameleoncircuit
- dreamingdingledodie reblogged this from imakegoodlifechoices
- primadonna-inthestateofdreaming reblogged this from the-child-in-the-mirror
- lawrenceballard reblogged this from imakegoodlifechoices
- dorkyduckling reblogged this from imakegoodlifechoices
- imakegoodlifechoices reblogged this from yeahwellyourface
- a-little-thunder reblogged this from asocialdevice
- a-little-thunder likes this
- yeahwellyourface reblogged this from nagron12
- just-as-sweet-by-any-other-name reblogged this from karmaachameleoncircuit
- nagron12 reblogged this from remnantsofnonsense and added:
- remnantsofnonsense reblogged this from mayasownmenagerie and added:
- ookami-papillon reblogged this from mayasownmenagerie
- mayasownmenagerie reblogged this from ifuckalotofboys
- imsoverychangeable reblogged this from karmaachameleoncircuit
- karmaachameleoncircuit reblogged this from lady-atlantis
- ifuckalotofboys reblogged this from jaimelannistersgoldhand
- ibrokeharlem reblogged this from lady-atlantis
- lady-atlantis reblogged this from asocialdevice
- the-child-in-the-mirror reblogged this from jaimelannistersgoldhand
- jaimelannistersgoldhand reblogged this from bigfatfeminist and added:
- lifeisiesha reblogged this from naturalneiicey
- fathom9 likes this